วิธีการสร้าง VM Instance บน GCP โดยใช้ Custom Image
1. Convert and Merge splitted VMDK disk into 1 VMDK disk
/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-vdiskmanager -r target.vmdk -t 0 Merge.vmdk
3. Upload VMDK to Storage drive
4. Go to the Create an image page.
5. Specify a Name for your image.
6. Under Source, select Virtual disk (VMDK, VHD, …).
7. Browse to or manually input the storage location for the Cloud Storage file.
8. Select the operating system that is available on the imported disk. You can also make the following changes:
You can choose to Install guest packages. Google recommends that you install the guest environment. For more information about the guest environment, see guest environment.
For Windows or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating systems, you can also choose a licensing option. You can either allow Compute Engine to provide a license or you can bring your own license. For more information about bringing your own license on Windows, see Bring your own license.
(Optional) Specify additional properties for your image. For example, you can organize this image as part of an image family.
9. Click Create to import the image